Some bugs that are keeping me from playing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

☣Sollux☣

Member

avatar
Member

Posts : 17
Points : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Age : 21

Some bugs that are keeping me from playing

Post by ☣Sollux☣ on Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:48 pm

@rbhelp doesnt do anything. and theres no other command for rbs in @commands or @rb help since @rb doesnt work at all.

everytime i get an error or a dc where my client crashes I can't log back in. Tried unstuckme as the password and then it lets me log in but once i try to start with my character it just hangs there :/ then i have to redo the unstuckme thing because it says im still logged in.

Also some kills arent giving xp? like at all? Yeah the only two[Three?] bugs i know of rn.

<3 Ign is sollux btw

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

avatar
Ultimate Member

Posts : 305
Points : 417
Reputation : 52
Join date : 2011-05-25
Age : 20
Location : while(true) mlg++;

Re: Some bugs that are keeping me from playing

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ on Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:42 pm

It's because it NEVER WAS @rb. I'm not sure where people are getting "rb" from, unless that was a mistake kept from WizStory's commands? It is @rebirthe to rebirth into an Explorer, @rebirthc to rebirth into a Cygnus, and @rebirtha to rebirth into an Aran.

The next bug is the server's problem. This is the current and only problem that's wrong with the server. I'm unsure of this problem still as it seems SEVERAL things cause it in several different ways. The general idea of this bug is when you get dc'd or leave something (like leaving Henesys) you and/or all of the people in your previous map will become null EVEN if you're not in the game anymore. I've been searching for this bug for a while and still have yet to find it.

Some EXP rate glitches are occurring, but I can assure you it isn't a skill, it's just the monster or your damage/level. EXP calculations (as I said on a previous post) are Nexon's calculations except that this is a private server and high damage may result in less experience. I'm still working on the formula so this should be fixed soon.

_________________

Spoiler:




Back to top Go down

☣Sollux☣

Member

avatar
Member

Posts : 17
Points : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Age : 21

Re: Some bugs that are keeping me from playing

Post by ☣Sollux☣ on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:26 pm

Ἒṝḯḉ wrote:It's because it NEVER WAS @rb. I'm not sure where people are getting "rb" from, unless that was a mistake kept from WizStory's commands? It is @rebirthe to rebirth into an Explorer, @rebirthc to rebirth into a Cygnus, and @rebirtha to rebirth into an Aran.

The next bug is the server's problem. This is the current and only problem that's wrong with the server. I'm unsure of this problem still as it seems SEVERAL things cause it in several different ways. The general idea of this bug is when you get dc'd or leave something (like leaving Henesys) you and/or all of the people in your previous map will become null EVEN if you're not in the game anymore. I've been searching for this bug for a while and still have yet to find it.

Some EXP rate glitches are occurring, but I can assure you it isn't a skill, it's just the monster or your damage/level. EXP calculations (as I said on a previous post) are Nexon's calculations except that this is a private server and high damage may result in less experience. I'm still working on the formula so this should be fixed soon.

1: Do @commands, look at what the npc says. "@rb help for rebirth commands"

2: So those that get nulled have to wait until a server restart each time then? or is there a workaround at least or something? Just asking don't take it the wrong way please.

3: It's also happening with mesos which i forgot to mention, basically sometimes when you kill a mob it doesn't give you exp and on the meso drops its ussually like 1 meso per mob, i tested this on the mobs in the hensys hunting grounds. The xp bug in the fm with the mush bosses. It's not less experience as you said in your post it just isn't any xp at all.

Just tryna clear up incase the proper message didn't get through. Sorry if this seems um... man I forget the word but basically I don't have ill intentions from posting this yeh. Thanks for replying tho <3 Thought no one would... :T

Back to top Go down

Aniki

Ultimate Member

avatar
Ultimate Member

Posts : 345
Points : 472
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 22
Location : Earth

Re: Some bugs that are keeping me from playing

Post by Aniki on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:24 pm

☣Sollux☣ wrote:
1: Do @commands, look at what the npc says. "@rb help for rebirth commands"

2: So those that get nulled have to wait until a server restart each time then? or is there a workaround at least or something? Just asking don't take it the wrong way please.

3: It's also happening with mesos which i forgot to mention, basically sometimes when you kill a mob it doesn't give you exp and on the meso drops its ussually like 1 meso per mob, i tested this on the mobs in the hensys hunting grounds. The xp bug in the fm with the mush bosses. It's not less experience as you said in your post it just isn't any xp at all.

Just tryna clear up incase the proper message didn't get through. Sorry if this seems um... man I forget the word but basically I don't have ill intentions from posting this yeh. Thanks for replying tho <3 Thought no one would... :T

Quite a harsh critique...
1. True, '@rb' exist in '@commands/@help' and it does not work. To be honest, this isn't really important under this current situation, if you manage a rebirth, congratulate. Thought it's not recommended to be rbing at this time.

2. The answer is "Yes" but there are other options. One of them is "Stay out of nulled maps" in which Henesys is one of them! Another is wait by doing something else til the nullness is mostly fixed (Do not expect it be soon!).

3. The drops, we already knew about them, and its already on Eric's list of fixing, though its better off to let Eric find the origin of the problem first.

_________________
"Coolness is all I will to be!"                    
"Friendliness comes second."
                         "Judgments comes last."

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

avatar
Ultimate Member

Posts : 305
Points : 417
Reputation : 52
Join date : 2011-05-25
Age : 20
Location : while(true) mlg++;

Re: Some bugs that are keeping me from playing

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:35 pm

☣Sollux☣ wrote:1: Do @commands, look at what the npc says. "@rb help for rebirth commands"

2: So those that get nulled have to wait until a server restart each time then? or is there a workaround at least or something? Just asking don't take it the wrong way please.

3: It's also happening with mesos which i forgot to mention, basically sometimes when you kill a mob it doesn't give you exp and on the meso drops its ussually like 1 meso per mob, i tested this on the mobs in the hensys hunting grounds. The xp bug in the fm with the mush bosses. It's not less experience as you said in your post it just isn't any xp at all.

Just tryna clear up incase the proper message didn't get through. Sorry if this seems um... man I forget the word but basically I don't have ill intentions from posting this yeh. Thanks for replying tho <3 Thought no one would... :T

So yeah it's like I thought, that was commands from WizStory and I guess I never noticed haha

Sadly yes. You will have to wait for a restart. If you'd like the general explanation of why/how this is happening, I'll try to explain it.
The explanation:
The server has two core storages -- User Storages, and Field Storages. A "storage" is where we internally find your character once logged in. We add you to the storages upon login, and you leave the Field storage when you leave a map (as for User Storage, you're unregistered when you logoff). Now, when you get "nulled" (or stuck) and you dc or logoff, normally the client will detect you logging off and unregister you from these storages. HOWEVER, because you're null, you stay in the storage and the server thinks your character is actually in-game. Now, when you relog to get back, your character is ALREADY in-game and thus will not let you login if you're already in-game.

Alright well it seems rates are pretty screwed up which isn't surprising considering everything was written from scratch the first time and never re-checked. I'll look into it and do some testing with rates later.

_________________

Spoiler:




Back to top Go down

☣Sollux☣

Member

avatar
Member

Posts : 17
Points : 23
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Age : 21

Re: Some bugs that are keeping me from playing

Post by ☣Sollux☣ on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Ἒṝḯḉ wrote:
So yeah it's like I thought, that was commands from WizStory and I guess I never noticed haha

Sadly yes. You will have to wait for a restart. If you'd like the general explanation of why/how this is happening, I'll try to explain it.
The explanation:
The server has two core storages -- User Storages, and Field Storages. A "storage" is where we internally find your character once logged in. We add you to the storages upon login, and you leave the Field storage when you leave a map (as for User Storage, you're unregistered when you logoff). Now, when you get "nulled" (or stuck) and you dc or logoff, normally the client will detect you logging off and unregister you from these storages. HOWEVER, because you're null, you stay in the storage and the server thinks your character is actually in-game. Now, when you relog to get back, your character is ALREADY in-game and thus will not let you login if you're already in-game.

Alright well it seems rates are pretty screwed up which isn't surprising considering everything was written from scratch the first time and never re-checked. I'll look into it and do some testing with rates later.

Aighty thank you <3 If it helps at all I've noticed that if you do unstuckme it does log your character out since the "online" number on the webpage goes down... Just trying to help <3 [Might be relevant if I understood your explanation of the bug properly.]

Now I wait for a restart then :P

Back to top Go down

Ἒṝḯḉ

Ultimate Member

avatar
Ultimate Member

Posts : 305
Points : 417
Reputation : 52
Join date : 2011-05-25
Age : 20
Location : while(true) mlg++;

Re: Some bugs that are keeping me from playing

Post by Ἒṝḯḉ on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:54 pm

☣️Sollux☣️ wrote:Aighty thank you <3 If it helps at all I've noticed that if you do unstuckme it does log your character out since the "online" number on the webpage goes down... Just trying to help <3 [Might be relevant if I understood your explanation of the bug properly.]

Now I wait for a restart then Razz

Haha it's alright, it isn't actually logging your character out. The website has nothing to do with the User or Field storages. The website is handled all server-wise through PHP and extra things like online counter/logins are handled using the database. 'unstuckme' changes a value in the database for your account changing the number in loggedin from '2' to '0'. The website checks all accounts with loggedin set to '2', in which yours is now set to 0 so you're not logged in.

In English: The website checks if your ACCOUNT is logged in, not your character. Your character is stuck in-game, not your account; hence why unstuck me lets you relog but it won't fix your character.

_________________

Spoiler:




Back to top Go down

Sponsored content




Re: Some bugs that are keeping me from playing

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum