GM app, explnation??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Redwolf

Member

avatar
Member

Posts : 42
Points : 53
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-07-14
Age : 19
Location : Israel

GM app, explnation??

Post by Redwolf on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:15 am

Hi,
So I see the GM App forum is locked and I figured it's because the server hasn't been released yet (seems logical),
Now I wanted to ask if that is truley the reason the forum is locked and when will it be unlocked (since I want to apply, duhh), when the server is released? , some other time? , or non at all?

thanks,

Back to top Go down

Λlphα

Owner

avatar
Owner

Posts : 1223
Points : 3208
Reputation : 180
Join date : 2011-02-04
Age : 24
Location : Planet Vopar

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Λlphα on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:18 am

Probably not at all.

_________________


Animation:

Music signature:

Made by ᴆιғғєяәпсэ~

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Member

avatar
Member

Posts : 42
Points : 53
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-07-14
Age : 19
Location : Israel

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Redwolf on Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:21 am

Is there a way for me to apply then?
Not because im power hungry or something like that, but to be a part of all this and help the server in total.
btw, I want to apply for mod, not coder or gfx or something like that..
If you plan not to open the gm app forum then maby you can have me apply somewhere else? or maby even just test me or something?
thanks,
P.S. I'd imagine that a lot of people from the old d.chaos-ex would rejoin and a lot of new people will join as well, that makes me belive that you will need some more mods\community control, etc. so you might want to consider to get some more people on your staff.

Back to top Go down

Izayoi Tenshi

Member

avatar
Member

Posts : 12
Points : 16
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-18
Location : In your hearts. <3

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Izayoi Tenshi on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:00 am

You're some newbie that just randomly came here and the first thing you want is "Mod", that's not really a good reason to become a Mod to begin with, and this server will be needing coders more than it'll need Mods.

_________________

There is so much distortion in this world, but whose to blame? Is it God or man? -Izayoi Tenshi
The meaning of life is so unique yet so plain, it is something that can only be found by living life itself. - Izayoi Tenshi

Back to top Go down

Λlphα

Owner

avatar
Owner

Posts : 1223
Points : 3208
Reputation : 180
Join date : 2011-02-04
Age : 24
Location : Planet Vopar

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Λlphα on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:03 am

Only other way you could get GM is if you played for a long time, help people and gain my trust. You also need to be professional, good grammar and stuff.

_________________


Animation:

Music signature:

Made by ᴆιғғєяәпсэ~

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Member

avatar
Member

Posts : 42
Points : 53
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-07-14
Age : 19
Location : Israel

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Redwolf on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:15 am

Λlphα wrote:Only other way you could get GM is if you played for a long time, help people and gain my trust. You also need to be professional, good grammar and stuff.
I have played the server for a few good months before you turned into 1.17, (i think 5-7 months, something like that).
As for helping guys out, I have a lot of patience and usually manage to help whoever needs help with most subjects.
as for grammer and english, I am not from an english speaking country such as the U.S. or U.K. but my english is pretty good though i might have a typo or grammer issues every once and then (everyone has those, so its no big-deal).
as for proving myself, i dont really think i can do it until you reopen the 83 server, so if thats what bothering you i dont mind waiting some and proving to be reliable and user-freindly, etc.
as for being professional, people dont usually like mods and GM that are completly up-tight, but as for being serious and not trolling players and stuff like that, there is no issue there with me as far as i think of myself.
if there anything else bothering you just tell me and ill respond according to the issue you present to me.
(btw, hope im on your good side :3)

Back to top Go down

Λlphα

Owner

avatar
Owner

Posts : 1223
Points : 3208
Reputation : 180
Join date : 2011-02-04
Age : 24
Location : Planet Vopar

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Λlphα on Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:33 am

I'm not looking for GMs, so you would need to stand out, a lot. If you made a GM application and only had 2 posts on the forum, it would pretty much be an automatic denied. And usually, the people I hire aren't looking to be GM, I just reward them for their hard work, so if you're about to help people expecting GM status in return then it's not going to work. Also, I'm not from an english country as well, doesn't stop me from turning on grammar check and search words on Google when I'm not sure...

_________________


Animation:

Music signature:

Made by ᴆιғғєяәпсэ~

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Member

avatar
Member

Posts : 42
Points : 53
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-07-14
Age : 19
Location : Israel

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Redwolf on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:01 am

as for english, i usually do that too if i encounter a grammer/vocbulary issue,

as for wanting to be gm, what youre saying is what? its pointless helping people (from what i understand this is the only way youre going to promote someone to gm status) because if im going to help people wanting to get gm status its pointless since you know i want to be gm? (im pretty baffled about this part).

as for having 2 posts, i used to have an account that had more like 50-70 posts but i cant seem to connect to it for some reason, maby it was deleted for some reason or i just forgot my login details, idk.
i created my previous main-account shortly after this one since i wanted a diffrent forum name so i created the other account and am now forced to use this one (its the account im using now or creating a new one).

if you can please be more clear about the application part because im really dont get what youre saying on that..

Back to top Go down

Helmet

Ultimate Member

avatar
Ultimate Member

Posts : 203
Points : 254
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Helmet on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:10 am

All you're doing by continuing to reply is lowering your chances of becoming a GM even further. Also, regarding this matter, "as for wanting to be gm, what you're saying is what? its pointless helping people", Alpha is not saying its pointless to help people, from what I can understand he just doesn't want to make someone GM who helped just because they wanted to be GM. You would be able to trust people who help expecting nothing in return more than people who just help because they want GM, because in the end those types end up becoming complete assholes and won't actually help people since they already got what they wanted. If you want GM just give up for now because honestly from what I've seen you've already destroyed any hope of there being a chance for you. :I

p.s. Almost wrote an essay, but I managed to restrain myself somehow...


Last edited by Chrome on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Spoiler:


Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Member

avatar
Member

Posts : 42
Points : 53
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-07-14
Age : 19
Location : Israel

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Redwolf on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:17 am

as for helping with a prize in mind, i wont deny that people would sometimes help just for the prize, i wont deny that being a gm is a desirable outcome for me, but not because of power-lust, its just so i can help on a greater magnitude. so i will be helping so i can help better. and anyway, even if the gm status of the list i will still be helping, i repeat, helping for the sake of helping.

and... if i wont reply then how am i gonna answer\ask\talk? i think it can a bit problematic i wont reply if you ask me.. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Helmet

Ultimate Member

avatar
Ultimate Member

Posts : 203
Points : 254
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-07-19
Age : 19

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Helmet on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:23 am

Well after the first post anything you said would sound like begging which is counter-productive to you becoming a GM and this,
"i wont deny the that being a gm is a desirable outcome for me, but not because of power-lust, its just so i can help on a greater magnitude."
I apologize if what you say is true, but I find it extremely hard to believe that it is.

_________________
Spoiler:


Back to top Go down

Λlphα

Owner

avatar
Owner

Posts : 1223
Points : 3208
Reputation : 180
Join date : 2011-02-04
Age : 24
Location : Planet Vopar

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Λlphα on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:24 am

09091220 wrote:as for english, i usually do that too if i encounter a grammer/vocbulary issue,
No offence but it's "grammar" and "vocabulary", at least try to correct yourself if you're aiming to become GM. lol

09091220 wrote:as for wanting to be gm, what youre saying is what? its pointless helping people (from what i understand this is the only way youre going to promote someone to gm status) because if im going to help people wanting to get gm status its pointless since you know i want to be gm? (im pretty baffled about this part).
What I'm saying is don't help people expecting a reward (in your case, being GM) in return. Like "Oh I helped 10 peoples, am I GM yet?"

09091220 wrote:if you can please be more clear about the application part because im really dont get what youre saying on that..
There is no applications, I already stated I'm not looking for GMs. So the only way someone is going to become GM is if they have a talent (VFX, GFX, Coding, etc) or extremely professional, almost in business suit.

09091220 wrote:and... if i wont reply then how am i gonna answer\ask\talk? i think it can a bit problematic i wont reply if you ask me.. Neutral
What he mean is arguing about becoming GM wont help your chance. You said you're not "power hungry" but by debating about this subject pretty much shows how much you want to be GM.

_________________


Animation:

Music signature:

Made by ᴆιғғєяәпсэ~

Back to top Go down

Redwolf

Member

avatar
Member

Posts : 42
Points : 53
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-07-14
Age : 19
Location : Israel

Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Redwolf on Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:33 am

about the grammar and vocabulary, that was a typo Razz , i know how to write them.
as for the helping part, i wasnt going to nag like that anyway or somthing similar, it actually didnt even occur to me.
as for the app, i do know c# on a basic level, guess that doesnt matter here Razz
and as for the "power hungry" thing, i dont really think i was arguing about that.. if you say you think i was then ill trust you on that and stop talking about that.
and as for wanting to be gm, its pretty obvious i want to be gm, otherwise i wouldnt have began this thread at all.

well, i intend on helping guys out once the server comes out anyway, if there is a spot in the staff becomes available id like if you can tell me about it so ill at least try to apply for it.

if you can close the thread now it will be great.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content




Re: GM app, explnation??

Post by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum